Applying For Your First Provisional Driving License UK
You can easily get your first provisional driving license for a moped, a car or a motorcycle by applying online at DVLA. Get started with the application procedure by using your Government Gateway ID. However, if you don’t have any then you can get it for your application.
Eligibility Criteria for First Provisional Driving License UK
For getting your first provisional driving license online for a car, moped or motorcycle at DVLA, you are required to meet the following mentioned eligibility criteria:
- Possess a valid UK passport or any other form to confirm your identification.
- Document stating that you are dweller of Great Britain (Note that for Northern Ireland different procedure will be followed)
- Meet the minimum age requirement as mentioned by DVLA
- Meet the minimum eyesight requirement as mentioned by DVLA
- You are required to pay £34 via Visa, Electron, Delta, MasterCard or Maestro debit/credit card.
- Mention all the addresses of where you have resided for the past 3 years
- Possess your own driving license
- Possess your own National Insurance number
- Note that you must not be disqualified/prevented from driving for any reasons
You will receive your first provisional driving license within a week after you apply online at DVLA.
Minimum Age Requirements for Applying First Provisional Driving License UK
Provisional Driving Licence Uk Age Requirement :
Note that you are only eligible for applying for a provisional driving license at DVLA only if you are 15 years and 9 months old.
Following requirements should be met for beginning driving:
- You should be at least 17 years old for driving a car.
- You should be at least 16 years old for driving a light quad motorbike or a moped.
- You are allowed to drive a card at the age of 16 years only if you have got enhanced rate of the mobility component of Personal independence Payment (PIP).
Personal information for Applying First Provisional Driving License UK
For the online processing of application, you will be agreeing with the terms and conditions of DVLA. DVLA has the right to check your personal information/data which also includes your National Insurance number.
DVLA will also be confirming all your provided details with the HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
Once you are done with filling your online application, DVLA send you a confirmation message via email. DVLA will ask you to be a part of research via email; however it’s your choice if you are interested in taking part in it. You can also opt out from it.
Post Method to Apply Applying First Provisional Driving License UK
Beside online process, you also have other method to apply i.e. post method. Applying through postal applications will take at least 3 weeks for the arrival of your first provisional driving license.
For this, you are required to fill in the form D1 titled as “Application for a driving license”. The application form is available at DVLA form ordering service and also at different post offices. After filling your application form, you are required to gather the following mentioned documents.
- Colored passport size photo
- Original document that confirm your identification.
- A postal order or a cheque signed for £43 that is payable to DVLA (never send the fee in cash).
After this, you are required to send your application with all these documents to DVLA
- DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1AD if all your documents belong to UK
- DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1AF if all your documents belong to some other place outside UK
Friends if you have any question related to this post Applying First Provisional Driving License UK feel free to comments us.