Hello Friend , In this post we know how to Updating/ Change Photo in Driving License [UK]
Under different many circumstances, you are required to change/update your photo on your driving license. For that purpose, you will be asked to completely renew your full or provisional driving license. You will receive a new license in this way.
For renewal of your driving license, you can use online method by applying at DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency). Note that for this method, you should be a valid UK passport holder. Get started with the renewal application procedure by using your Government Gateway ID. However, if you don’t have any then you can get it for your application.
Eligibility Criteria For Updating/ Change Photo in Driving License [UK]
You are not eligible to apply online at DVLA if your name license title has been changed or else if you are having a 5 year lorry or bus license. For the renewal process online at DVLA, you are required to possess the following mentioned documents.
- Possess a valid UK passport
- Document stating that you are dweller of Great Britain (Note that for Northern Ireland different procedure will be followed)
- You are required to pay £14 via Visa, Electron, Delta, MasterCard or Maestro debit/credit card. (Those who are over the age of 70 years or possessing a medical short period license are not required to pay any processing fee)
- Mention all the addresses of where you have resided for the past 3 years
- Possess your own driving license (if you are not having your own driving license then you must answer why for the processing of your application)
- Possess you own National Insurance number
- Note that you must not be disqualified from driving for any reasons
After you fulfil all these requirements of the criteria, DVLA will process your application by getting your photo and signature from your passport online. This is the only way to get your new driving license online. You will be receiving your new driving license within one week after you apply for it online. If you are photo card driving license holder, then you are required to renew it after every 10 years. For this, you will be receiving a reminder alert before the end of your current license.
Personal Information for Updating/ Change Photo in Driving License [UK]
For the online processing of application, you will be agreeing with the terms and conditions of DVLA. DVLA has the right to check your personal information/data which also includes your National Insurance number.
DVLA will also be confirming all your provided details with the HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
Once you are done with filling your online application, DVLA send you a confirmation message via email. DVLA will ask you to be a part of research via email, however it’s your choice if you are interested in taking part in it. You can also opt out from it.
Post Method to Apply Updating/ Change Photo in Driving License [UK]
Beside online process, you also have other method to apply. For this, you are required to fill in the form D1 titled as “Application for a driving license”. The application form is available at DVLA form ordering service and also at different post offices. After filling your application form, you are required to gather the following mentioned documents.
- New passport size photo (should be captured within the previous month). You are not required to sign at the back of your photograph.
- Paper counterpart and the photo card of your current driving license. However, if you have lost it then you are required to mention it by ticking the relevant box properly in the D1 form.
- A postal order or a cheque signed for £17 that is payable to DVLA. Note that there is no any processing fee for the ones over 70 years age or for the ones possessing medical short period license).
After this, you are required to send your application with all these documents to DVLA.
Note that you are also required to submit the identity documents if you have changed your name. You will be getting your driving license within 3 weeks if you undergo this procedure. Furthermore, it may take longer than this if your personal data and other medical details require to be checked.
Friends if you have any question related to this post Updating/ Change Photo in Driving License [UK] feel free to comments us.