How To Renew Driving Licence That Has Expired Uk
Now you can easily get your driving license renewed online with DVLA. Get started with the application procedure by using your Government Gateway ID. However, if you don’t have any then you can get it for your application.
Eligibility Criteria for Renew Driving Licence That Has Expired Uk
You can’t apply online if your name has been changed or else if you have got a 5 year bus/lorry license. Plus note that it is mandatory for you to renew your photo card license every 10 years. You will be notified through a reminder when your license is about to expire so that you may apply for renewal process on time. For the ones who are aged 70 or over, different service is there.
For getting your driving license renewed online at DVLA, you are required to meet the following mentioned eligibility criteria:
- Possess a valid UK passport
- Document stating that you are dweller of Great Britain (Note that for Northern Ireland different procedure will be followed)
- You are required to pay £14 via Visa, Electron, Delta, MasterCard or Maestro debit/credit card. (Those who are over the age of 70 years or possessing a medical short period license are not required to pay any processing fee)
- Mention all the addresses of where you have resided for the past 3 years
- Possess your own current driving license (if you are not having your own driving license then you must answer why for the processing of your application)
- Possess your own National Insurance number
- Note that you must not be disqualified from driving for any reasons
You will receive your renewed driving license within a week after you apply online at DVLA. You are required to send your old expired photo card license after receiving the new one. Your new driving license will be valid from the date of your approved application.
Personal Information for Renew Driving Licence That Has Expired Uk
For the online processing of application, you will be agreeing with the terms and conditions of DVLA. DVLA has the right to check your personal information/data which also includes your National Insurance number.
DVLA will also be confirming all your provided details with the HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
Once you are done with filling your online application, DVLA send you a confirmation message via email. DVLA will ask you to be a part of research via email, however it’s your choice if you are interested in taking part in it. You can also opt out from it.
Other method to Apply for renewal Renew Driving Licence That Has Expired Uk
Apply at a Post office Renew Driving Licence That Has Expired Uk
You will be required to fill in the renewal form (D798) at the post office. You can opt for any nearest suitable post office. Find the neared post office via online by visiting the post office website or else by calling them at 0345 722 33 44.
Note that you are not allowed to apply at the post office if you name gets changed. In that case, you will have to apply via post.
You have to possess the following documents for applying at the post office: Renew Driving Licence That Has Expired Uk
- Complete renewal form D798
- Your photo card license if you possess it
- The fee approximately £17
- You will also be charged additional £4.50 by the post office for processing of your renewal application.
You will be getting your driving license within 3 weeks if you undergo this procedure. Furthermore, it may take longer than this if your personal data and other medical details require to be checked.
You don’t have access to download copy of your renewal form D798 but if you don’t receive any reminder alert for renewal then you can still renew it at selected post office. For that purpose, you need to possess your current photo card license.
Apply Via post for Renew Driving Licence That Has Expired Uk
For applying for renewal of driving license, you are required to fill in your renewal form titled as D798 and attach the following mentioned documents:
- New passport size photo (should be captured within the previous month). You are not required to sign at the back of your photograph.
- The photo card of your current driving license. However, if you have lost it then you are required to mention it by ticking the relevant box properly in the D798 form.
- A postal order or a cheque signed for £17 that is payable to DVLA. Note that there is no any processing fee for the ones over 70 years age or for the ones possessing medical short period license).
Note that you also need to include identity documents in case if you have changed your name. After this, you are required to send your application with all these documents to:
In case if you don’t possess the reminder form for Renew Driving Licence That Has Expired Uk
In case if you don’t possess D798 reminder and still want to apply via post, then fill the form D1 titled as Application for a driving license’. The application form is available at DVLA form ordering service and also at different post offices. You will be getting your driving license within 3 weeks if you undergo this procedure. Furthermore, it may take longer than this if your personal data and other medical details require to be checked.
Friends if you have any question related to this post Renew Driving Licence That Has Expired Uk feel free to comments us.
Leave a Reply